- Published: December 31, 2021
- Updated: December 31, 2021
- University / College: The University of Exeter
- Language: English
- Downloads: 19
Fred has only 2 lives.
We can’t stab Fred with the paperclips because if we do he will also die. We have to try to get the lifesaver which is under the cup in order to save Fred’s life & keep him from drowning. Once we put the lifesaver on Fred he will be safe but we have to be careful when we’re picking up the lifesaver and Fred with paperclips.
If we grab Fred with a paper clip and we move the cup with another clip we can get the lifesaver which is under the cup with another paper clip and we sort of push Fred in the lifesaver until we got him inside of it completely !
1. Lift Fred with a paper clip.
2. Move cup away with another paper clip.
3. Lift lifesaver with a paperclip.
4. Push Fred in life saver using another paper clip.
5. We saved Fred’s life !!
1 gummy worm
1 plastic cup
4 paper clips
1. We picked up Fred carefully using one out of the four paper clips we had. 2. Once we had Fred picked up we tried to move the cup with another paperclip. 3. Fred slipped from the paper clip making him drown and leaving him with only 1 life left. 4. We picked up Fred with the same paper clip we used before. 5. Once we moved the cup it revealed the lifesaver that was underneath it. 6. We picked up the lifesaver with a paper clip.
7. We tried to push Fred inside the little hole of the lifesaver. 8. We used 3 clips. 1 that was lifting Fred, the other one which was lifting the lifesaver and the other one we used it to push Fred inside. 9. We finally got Fred inside the lifesaver !
1. What is discovery science?
Discovery Science is a scientific methodology which emphasizes analysis of large volumes of experimental data with the goal of finding new patterns or correlations, leading to hypothesis formation and other scientific methodologies.
2. What are observations? Qualitive? Quantitive?
Quantitative statements ask you to give things like numbers height, weight, or velocity etc. Qualitative statements want you to use adjectives green, blue, small, fat etc.
3. What is hypothesis based science? What are the 5 steps in this process? Explain each one.
Hypothesis based science is the scientific method way to ask and answer scientific questions by making observations and doing experiments. The 5 steps are: 1. Data(observations)- analyze your data to come to a conclusion. 2. Questions- ask a question.
3. Hypothesis- make an educated guess about your question. 4. Prediction(conclusions)- restate your question and results. 5. Test(experiment)- test your hypothesis and record your results.
4. What is the independent (manipulated) variable in an experiment? Dependent (responding) variable? Controlled variables? An independent variable is when you change it. A dependent variable are the results you get. Controlled variables are influences that could affect the outcome of an experiment, and so are purposely controlled so that they do not impact the experimental results.
5. Fred is an earthworm. Earthworms belong to the animal phylum Annelida. What are annelids? Annelid are segmented worms that have rings.
6. Why are the important to the ecosystem? These worms are particularly important because their tunneling through sail helps air to circulate in ti, which helps plants to grow.
7. Describe annelid reproduction, digestion, circulation, excretion, gas exchange & nervous control:
Reproduction – Most annelids reproduce sexually, although many species are capable of asexual reproduction. Digestion – The digestive system of annelids consists of an unsegmented gut that runs through the middle of the body from the mouth. Circulation – Circulation in the earthworm is through a series of closed vessels. Excretion – Nephridia are organs of excretion in the annelids.
Summary of the activity:
Well basically what we did in this lab was save a gummy worm from drowning using only paper clips. It may sound difficult but it was actually really simple. We just had to get our lifesaver which is the thing that will save Fred from drowning and put it over him like if you were putting fred a shirt on. But we can’t use our hands at all just the paper clips. In this lap we also learned that worm are part of the animal phylum called Annelida. We learned what annelids were and how their reproduction, circulation, excretion, gas exchange nervous control work out.
1. What was investigated? How to save Fred from drowning. 2. Was the hypothesis supported by the data? Yes, yes it was. 3. What were major findings? We found out the way to save Fred from drowning. 4. How did your findings compare with other researchers? Mostly everybody’s findings were the same. 5. What possible explanations can you offer your findings? We had to put all the tools we had in use in order to complete the lab. 6. What recommendations do you have for further study and for improving the experiment? Easier ways to save Fred and how worms reproduce. 7. What are some possible applications of the experiment?
This work, titled "Saving game essay sample" was written and willingly shared by a fellow student. This sample can be utilized as a research and reference resource to aid in the writing of your own work. Any use of the work that does not include an appropriate citation is banned.
If you are the owner of this work and don’t want it to be published on AssignBuster, request its removal.Request Removal
Cite this Essay
AssignBuster. (2021) 'Saving game essay sample'. 31 December.
AssignBuster. (2021, December 31). Saving game essay sample. Retrieved from https://assignbuster.com/saving-game-essay-sample/
AssignBuster. 2021. "Saving game essay sample." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/saving-game-essay-sample/.
1. AssignBuster. "Saving game essay sample." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/saving-game-essay-sample/.
AssignBuster. "Saving game essay sample." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/saving-game-essay-sample/.
"Saving game essay sample." AssignBuster, 31 Dec. 2021, assignbuster.com/saving-game-essay-sample/.
Get in Touch
Please, let us know if you have any ideas on improving Saving game essay sample, or our service. We will be happy to hear what you think: [email protected]