- Published: December 31, 2021
- Updated: December 31, 2021
- University / College: Monash University
- Language: English
- Downloads: 32
Second best global brand in fast food industry in terms of value ($ 6 billion). KFC is known by many and is a trustworthy brand in many countries mainly due to its early franchising and international expansion. Original 11 herbs and spices recipe. KFC original chicken recipe is a trade secret and a source of comparative advantage against firm’s competitors. Strong position in emerging China. KFC receives half of its revenue from China, where it operates more than 4, 000 outlets. KFC position in China is one of its main strengths as China’s fast food market is growing steadily. Combination of KFC – Pizza Hut and KFC – Taco Bell. KFC partnership with other Yum! Brands yields some advantage as the restaurant can offer items from its partners it doesn’t have itself and satisfy more customers’ needs. KFC is the market leader in the world among companies featuring chicken as their primary product offering. KFC has positioned itself clearly among other fast food chains bearing its famous slogan and trademark chicken products. Weaknesses
Untrustworthy suppliers. Over the years, KFC has been contracting suppliers, which supplied contaminated poultry to KFC or were mistreating chicken, thus resulting in falling sales and damaged reputation. Negative publicity. KFC receives much criticism from PETA over the conditions chickens have been raised. Furthermore, it received bad publicity for selling chicken wing with kidney. There are many more or less bad news from KFC, which damage firm’s reputation significantly. Unhealthy food menu. KFC menu is largely formed of high calorie, salt and fat meals and drinks. Such menu offering prompts protests by organizations that fight obesity and hence, decreases KFC popularity. Consumers also often opt out for healthier choices. High employee turnover. Employment in KFC is a low paid and low skilled job. It results in low performance and high employee turnover, which increases training costs and add to overall costs of KFC.
1. Increasing demand for healthier food. While demand for healthier food increases, KFC could introduce more healthy food choices in its menu and reverse its weakness into strength. 2. Home meal delivery. KFC could fully exploit (it test deliver services now) this opportunity and reach more customers. 3. Introducing new products to its only chicken range. KFC could introduce new meals to its menu and offer pork, beef or only vegetarian meals, which would target wider consumer group and would result in more costumers.
1. Saturated fast food markets in the developed economies. The fast food market in the developed countries is already overcrowded by so many fast food restaurant chains and this already proves to be a threat to KFC as it finds it hard to grow in the developed economies. 2. Trend towards healthy eating. Due to government and various organizations attempts to fight obesity, people are becoming more conscious of eating healthy food rather than what KFC has mainly to offer in its menu.
3. Local fast food restaurant chains. Local fast food restaurants can often offer a more local approach to serving food and menu that exactly represents local tastes. Although KFC does a great job in adapting its own menu to local tastes, the rising number of local fast food chains and their lower meal prices is a threat to KFC. 4. Currency fluctuations. KFC receives part of its income from foreign operations. That income has to be converted into dollars and may affect the business’ profits, especially when the dollar is appreciating against other currencies. 5. Lawsuits against KFC. KFC has already been sued for many times and lost quite a few lawsuits. Lawsuits are expensive as they require time and money. As KFC continues to operate more or less the same way, there is high probability for more expensive lawsuits to come.
Awareness: We are trying to make people aware about KFCs healthy product . For the awareness we have a site describing the dedication of KFCs towards people health and the environment. We have tried to aware people about KFCs product are fully hygienic, the oil used is cholesterol free and the paper products used are recycled paper products. Added value for the product also creates the awareness to the people about KFC. People can visit the green website of KFC is dedicated towards the health of people and nature.
Interest: To generate the interest among the people about green KFC or to make people know about the green profile of KFC. We have have brought the concept of Unique id. This concept will help KFC to attract people to visit the website through which people can know about the green profile of KFC. As we know everybody is conscious about the environment. so, once they have visited the website more interest will be created in the people towards KFC.
Desire: Also the concept of the unique id will help to create a desire among the users. They will of course have the desire of winning and will visit the website and also they will have the desire of living healthy with KFC. Via this website we are trying to show that we can fulfill the desire of people living healthy and in the beautiful clean environment.
Action: This action would come as natural results of movement through the first three stages. The concept of unique id will attract the people to go for KFCs product and hence know about the green KFC and its dedication towards peoples health and nature. Finally there will be lot of visitors and customers at the end of the day to visit to KFC and the website aswell.
This work, titled "Kfc marketing essay sample" was written and willingly shared by a fellow student. This sample can be utilized as a research and reference resource to aid in the writing of your own work. Any use of the work that does not include an appropriate citation is banned.
If you are the owner of this work and don’t want it to be published on AssignBuster, request its removal.Request Removal
Cite this Essay
AssignBuster. (2021) 'Kfc marketing essay sample'. 31 December.
AssignBuster. (2021, December 31). Kfc marketing essay sample. Retrieved from https://assignbuster.com/kfc-marketing-essay-sample/
AssignBuster. 2021. "Kfc marketing essay sample." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/kfc-marketing-essay-sample/.
1. AssignBuster. "Kfc marketing essay sample." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/kfc-marketing-essay-sample/.
AssignBuster. "Kfc marketing essay sample." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/kfc-marketing-essay-sample/.
"Kfc marketing essay sample." AssignBuster, 31 Dec. 2021, assignbuster.com/kfc-marketing-essay-sample/.
Get in Touch
Please, let us know if you have any ideas on improving Kfc marketing essay sample, or our service. We will be happy to hear what you think: [email protected]