- Published: December 31, 2021
- Updated: December 31, 2021
- Level: College Admission
- Language: English
- Downloads: 48
1. Given the environment where Judy lives and where she wants to establish business in. She should target the managerial and information technology professionals that live there. Being within the bracket of lower-upper and middle class social-economic status they can afford to avail the services of pet grooming/ boarding firms. Their love for pets is very notable to a point that they even spend time, effort and money to leave their pets to the existing would be competitors of Judy because travel is an essential part of their jobs. Other residents in the area love pets, so Judy has a very lucrative opportunity in establishing her business. Aside from this, the major airport nearby is also a good opportunity for an additional client base.
2. There are two things that Judy has to consider in entering the pet grooming and boarding business within her area. The first one is the addition of in-house pet sitting in her service. Since Judy has an experience in this kind of job, she is qualified to attend to the needs of her prospective clients’ pets at the comfort of their homes. According to Rod Scofield and Russ Mclean, pet sitting has many benefits that are fitted for Judy’s market. Aside from minimizing the risk of exposing their pets to traumas and possible illnesses, the presence of pet sitters within the homes of their clients even contributes to crime deterrence in the community. Pets are given personalized and comprehensive care that is missing if they are to be groomed outside of their familiar territories. It would also give peace of mind to the clients, knowing that their pet and even their homes are safer because of the pet sitter present in their homes.
Another targeting strategy that she should do is to promote her services via the web. Since her market are web literate and experts, she has to offer her service to them through the most familiar marketing venue they know-the Internet. She should avail a marketing website furnished with business transaction capabilities such as online payment and online booking/ scheduling for the convenience of her prospective clients. They most probably prefer to pay her and do the initial transaction. With these kinds of services, she has an edge over her competitors within the area.
One expansion strategy is to tap the opportunities that the nearby major airport brings. The airport is another venue for potential market base. By establishing a pet grooming service near the airport, passengers boarding on or disembarking from the airplane could avail of pet service without much hassle.
3. Given the unique environment and lifestyle of her target market, Judy should position her business to suit the needs of her clients. She should allay the worries of her customers from the moment they leave their pets in an unfamiliar environment outside their homes. At the same time she should connect to her customer through the web for their benefit. With these in mind, her positioning statement should be ” a the pet grooming business that provides personalized service at the comfort of her clients’ homes with the aid of the capabilities of the web in transacting business.”
McLean, Russ & Rod Scofield ” Why Hire Pet Sitters” 2003. Always ” TLC” Pet Sitting. 2003. 22 Jul. 2006.
This work, titled "Judy’s marketing plan" was written and willingly shared by a fellow student. This sample can be utilized as a research and reference resource to aid in the writing of your own work. Any use of the work that does not include an appropriate citation is banned.
If you are the owner of this work and don’t want it to be published on AssignBuster, request its removal.Request Removal
Cite this Essay
AssignBuster. (2021) 'Judy's marketing plan'. 31 December.
AssignBuster. (2021, December 31). Judy's marketing plan. Retrieved from https://assignbuster.com/judys-marketing-plan/
AssignBuster. 2021. "Judy's marketing plan." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/judys-marketing-plan/.
1. AssignBuster. "Judy's marketing plan." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/judys-marketing-plan/.
AssignBuster. "Judy's marketing plan." December 31, 2021. https://assignbuster.com/judys-marketing-plan/.
"Judy's marketing plan." AssignBuster, 31 Dec. 2021, assignbuster.com/judys-marketing-plan/.
Get in Touch
Please, let us know if you have any ideas on improving Judy’s marketing plan, or our service. We will be happy to hear what you think: [email protected]